Mobile Auto Electrician / Service Engineer – Vehicle CCTV & Telematics
Salary of £25-30k pa* + Overtime Pay + Company Van with Fuel Card + Company Mobile + Laptop
**Great opportunity for an experienced Auto Electrician / Field Service Engineer looking for a permanent position with immediate start, excellent benefits package and opportunities for progression!
FLEETSense is an independent Transport Specialist, Gold Partners with TomTom Telematics, and over a decade of experience in serving clients across the UK.
We specialise in Cost and Risk Reduction, Efficiency and Growth, as well as Legal Compliance and Workflow Management across the UK Transport Industry.
With continuous growth over the past few years we are now seeking a new member of our team to deliver the remote/on-site installation of tracking and telematics systems, as well as Vehicle CCTV, etc.
We are looking for talented individuals in a selection of roles to join our successful and rapidly expanding company. We provide a dynamic, positive working environment which allows people to develop and enhance their skills, as well as earning opportunities.
If you’re looking for more than just another job and have the skills, drive and ambition, join the FLEETSense team and be part of our continued success.
FLEETSense is an equal opportunities employer. All job applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of age, sex, race, religion, marital status, origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Ideally, based in Norfolk, you will be field-based Auto Electrician and responsible for carrying out installation, service and maintenance of our Vehicle Telematics and CCTV systems into various types of commercial vehicles for some of the largest UK fleets.
Hands-on experience with HGVs, light commercials and other specialist vehicles is a must. Travel will be required for some project-based work, with company vehicle and fuel card provided.
The role is highly rewarding, and requires someone who is focused and driven. You’ll need to be able to self-manage time and meet schedules and responsibilities.
You’ll be reporting to the Directors and other Senior Team members. You’ll also be representing our company and brand, working in customer-facing situations, so good interpersonal skills are also needed.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a great opportunity to develop skills within a dynamic, ambitious and rapidly growing business.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate with huge potential for overtime earnings. Full training provided, work with the best and on the very latest vehicle technology.
- Automotive electrical experience of both 12VDC and 24VDC systems is a must
- Experience with working with a wide range of commercial vehicles advantage (waste, construction, commercial haulage, bus & coach, emergency response etc.)
- Installation of telematics
- Experience with analysing and connecting to FMS & Tachograph for CANBUS and Squarell trained would be an advantage
- Good customer services skills are essential with daily client interaction
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to timelines
- Experienced in the use of electrical automotive testing/installation equipment
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments
- Relevant auto electrician qualification advantage (NVQ, City and Guilds etc.)
- The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams
- IT/PC Literate
- Conscientious professional who is organised and dedicated
- Must have a full driving license (clean preferred)
- An awareness of health and safety
- To be good with your hands, and physically fit to cope with lifting, bending and working on commercial vehicles
- Traveling to various client sites / liaising with clients on site
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work overtime
- Installation of vehicle camera / vehicle CCTV equipment
- Installation of blind-spot detection systems (warning alarms, blind-spot / parking sensors)
- Attending service calls to fault diagnosis and repair where necessary
- To take responsibility for personal health and safety
- Engineers are required to work locally, regionally and occasionally nationally
How to Apply –
In the first instance please send your CV, with covering letter explaining why you feel you’re right for the role and our Team.
Applicants who pass the initial review stage will be invited for interview. If you’ve got more questions please call us.
Email – [email protected]
Call – 0345 459 4998
NB. We answer all applications!
*Salary offer for this position to be based on experience.