Important Information –
Our Service Measures & Precautions
The following statement aims to clarify how our team will operate during the Coronavirus Outbreak –
During these unprecedented times for our industry, our countries and the world, businesses across the UK and Ireland are making adjustments to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
We want to reassure you that FLEETSense is actively monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis and are taking steps so that we can continue to provide you with our services.
Currently we cannot respond to specific requests for daily updates on our actions. We will however continue to ask all relevant questions when we book a service visit with you and when we attend your site.
The situation is changing day-by-day, and we are rigorously following the government guidance as it is released. One of the ways identified to reduce the risk to both our staff and you is to review our face-to-face interactions.
Here are the key steps we are taking:
• We are instructing our team members, installation engineers and sub-contractors to try, wherever possible, to maintain a reasonable distance (approximately 1-2 metres) from other people on-site;
• Our team members, and installation engineers have been equipped with hand sanitiser (whilst stock is available) and disinfectant spray so that they can maintain high standards of hygiene within their working environments;
• Our office based team members are encouraged not to share phones, telephone headsets and to regularly sanitise their own mobile devices;
• Any FLEETSense team members, installation engineers or sub-contractors who are feeling unwell are required to self-isolate and remain at home and follow government guidance;
• Any FLEETSense team member, installation engineer or sub-contractor that has been abroad will go through the government process of isolation and testing;
• All FLEETSense team members are encouraged to replace face-to-face meetings with conference calls or webinars.
• We are instructing our installation engineers and sub-contractors to comply with any on-site precautions, procedures and policies that you may have enforced on-site or within vehicles.
Your co-operation is appreciated when our team are attending site:
• We would appreciate your co-operation to ensure that we have access to your site and vehicles whilst limiting contact with anyone at your location. We will give you as much notice as possible in advance of a visit so that you can prepare.
• Please inform us if you become aware of any person(s) that have tested positive before we attend.
• Please inform us if the driver of the vehicle, that we are working within, has travelled to, or returned from any of the affected countries (Government guidance) within the last 14-days and is displaying symptoms of being unwell – cough, fever, shortness of breath.
• Ensure you allow our installation engineer or sub-contractor access to your restroom for hand washing and use of your sanitiser. Why? Because washing kills the virus on your hands and prevents the spread of COVID19.
• Ensure that our engineers workplace is clean and hygienic just as you would for your own team members, for example; surfaces (keys / steering wheels / dashboard / handles) and objects within the vehicle need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly and ideally prior to us attending your site. Why? Because contamination on surfaces is one of the main ways that COVID-19 spreads.
• Promote good respiratory health in the workplace and when in the presence of our team. Our engineers are equipped with paper tissues, for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work, and are aware how to safely dispose of these tissues. Why? Because good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of COVID-19.
• It is good practice to use your own pen if you are required to sign paperwork.
We are preparing our business for the anticipated economic impact of the virus, and we kindly ask that you work with us, as we will with you, through this difficult time so that we can continue to support you and provide a high level of service and professionalism.
Please be aware that this unprecedented situation may result in it taking longer to fulfill your requirements however, please be reassured that we will continue to do all that we can within the constraints that are inflicted upon us.
Thank you for you continued support and understanding.
Contact the specialist team here at FLEETSense for independent advice and support at this challenging time.
Call 0345 459 4998, or email email@example.com